We accelerate the medicinal data flow. Our digital skills combined with scientific backgrounds in pharmaceutical, medical and computer sciences makes us your ideal partner.
Pharmaceutical and medical sciences
We are familiar with
- pharmaceutical and medical sciences
- the (Belgian) pharmaceutical market and its databases (SAM, APB, BCFI/CBIP, RIZIV/INAMI amongst others)
- European and international health terminology and exchange standards
Computer sciences and IT
We are skilled in computer science and information technology, amongst others:
- algorithms and data structures
- scientific computing
- data exchange formats and transformations
- database design and management (e.g. postgresql)
- (web) application development (e.g. ruby on rails)
- webserver configuration (e.g. nginx)
- search engine configuration (e.g. elastic)
Network of experts
We can rely on various experts in the medical and pharmaceutical area, as well as for digital aspects.
We integrate drug data in your website or applicationDo you want to
- integrate daily updated Belgian drug data?
- query or visualize drug information?
- link your database to daily updated Belgian drug data?
- monitor changes to Belgian drug data?
- develop a drug-related database or tool?
- APIs on SAM, the official Belgian drug database
- customizable export services in multiple formats (JSON, XML, CSV, Excel, ...)
- integrations with
- open data from e.g. RIZIV/INAMI, BCFI/CBIP and EMA
- data from commercial third parties
- custom-built user interfaces integrating SAM and other drug data for health professionals, patients, government or pharmaceutical industry
SAM viewer (soon available)we developed a public web interface on all available SAM data
- view all drug data provided by the Belgian government
- new user-friendly interface
- includes Over-The-Counter and other non-medicinal products
- query brand names, drugs and firms
- report feedback to the responsible authority
Farmamonitor - supported by VLAIOwe’re developing an innovative web-based tool for doctors and pharmacists to
- explore drug alternatives
- optimize drug choices
- monitor changes on the Belgian drug market
- anticipate bottlenecks related to drug problems such as shortages
Digile (pronounced /ˈdɪd͡ʒ.aɪl/) is a Belgian digital health tech startup founded in 2020 by pharmacist An Crepel and computer scientist Karel De Loof. Both are passionate about digital innovation in healthcare and have accumulated over 15 years of experience in the field of digital drug information. Their entrepreneurial spirit led them to translating their passion into the founding of Digile.
Karel holds a PhD and Master in Computer Sciences and has over eight years of experience in research and teaching in computer science at the department of Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics and research unit Knowledge-based Systems of Ghent University. After that, he worked seven years as a consultant in the pharmaceutical sector. He obtained additional certification in entrepreneurship, digital leadership and digital product management.
An is a Master in Pharmaceutical Sciences and holds a PhD in Medical Sciences. She is a freelance pharmacist and has worked for eight years in the field of pharmacotherapeutic information and healthcare databases. She has management experience and obtained additional certification in healthcare data literacy.
Digile has the ambition to improve the quality of healthcare by focusing on drug-related data flows.